National Hugging Day is celebrated on January 21st, every year. And today, on a special occasion of Happy Hug Day, we’ve have come up with some benefits and interesting facts about hugging, which you had never known. Especially, Hugging Day is celebrated to express feelings and emotions, by giving a tight and warm hug. Wishes you very Happy Hug Day 2015!!
I love hugging, I wish I was an Octopus, so I could hug eight people at a time.
Top 11 Benefits of Hugging on Happy Hug Day 2015 – Hug Facts
- A hug has the power to release pain, depression and nervousness.
- A hug can generate positive feelings and raise the wish to live.
- A hug increases your confidence.
- A hug makes you feel harmless and secure.
- A hug is an internal expression, which is essential for everyone.
- A hug makes you feel esteemed, which is necessary.
- A hug reconciles feelings of loneliness, isolation and annoyance.
- A hug can take away ache and calm pains.
- A hug informs us that love runs in both ways.
- A hug clarifies us to let go and live in the current moment.
- A hug increases levels of oxytocin (level of closeness).
7 Interesting Facts about Hugging – Hug Facts
- Hugging growths feelings of welfare, safety, faith, power, belonging, gratitude, healing, pleasure and self-worth.
- Readings show that IQ development is behind in children who don’t have hugs.
- An ephemeral hug with a romantic partner is equal to 10 minutes of hand-holding.
- People need 13 hugs a day – but most don’t obtain this many.
- A hug normally lasts 9.5 seconds.
- On average, people devote an hour a month, hugging.
- Hugs also lower our heart rate, endorsing a relaxing effect.
Hope you like our post on benefits and interesting facts about hugging? How does hugging make you feel? How frequently do you hug somebody? How often does somebody hug you? Share all this with us through our commenting box presented below.